Ecommerce Software: Customer Targeting and Software Testing: Two Side of Same Coin
Targeting prospective customers is considered the most essential objective of marketing and promotional efforts. It is fundamental to expand an ecommerce business and help the brand widen its base. Effective software testing is as vital as carrying out efforts to target and win over new customer base. Ecommerce application tested for their unfailing performance can be a great asset in winning loyalty of existing customers as well as winning over the new ones. It builds market reputation for customer convenience, a key factor in attracting more consumers to your ecommerce fold.
Ecommerce Software Testing: The Clamoring
Retail business on the internet has become a big phenomenon in the last couple of years due to rising customer interest. According to industry forecasts, ecommerce on the internet is slated to cross $100 billion by 2020. With a double digit growth across the major developed and developing nations, online shopping is spreading its wings fast. The huge surge in demand has led many to develop ecommerce websites, a variety of applications and target consumers with offers.
These ecommerce apps require rigorous testing prior to being put for consumer use. Effective software testing enables ecommerce applications to
ü demonstrate better performance capability
ü delineate functional limitations
ü figure out and mitigate development flaws
ü create ground for better end-user experience
Key Areas in Ecommerce Software Testing
- Ecommerce store website testing
- Workflow testing
- Security and penetration testing
- Gateway and cart integration testing
- Functional and performance testing
- Order management and bidding testing
- Auction algorithm verification
Shadow Areas: The Focus Perspective
· End-user perspective: The testing must try to focus on the end-user experience. An ecommerce application is made with focus on them or for their use. Their convenience, satisfaction, and admiration are key to its long-term success. The testing team must think from their perspective and each test plan must underline this.
· Peak performance aptitude: An ecommerce application must be well examined for its peak load ability. There are special occasions, such as sales, festival periods, or introduction of new items, when customers throng a web store. It must be ensured that the applications integrated must withstand such rush and give unfailing result.
· Documentation: It is the pertinent duty of the test team, as done by a marketing team, to generate reports and document on all aspects of software testing process. It helps create a record of bugs, performance, and functional bottlenecks rectified and becomes a guide for future development of application versions.
· Quality Check: There must be independent testing following validation by professionals to ensure that there is application is ready to be introduced.
· Technology: While lack of technical prowess can severely impact the testing process, better technology helps fast and astute testing preventing even the slightest of apprehension over function, performance, and security of ecommerce applications.