FitNesse – software development collaboration tool
FitNesse is a software development collaboration tool
Great software requires collaboration and communication. FitNesse is a tool for enhancing collaboration in software development.
FitNesse enables customers, testers, and programmers to learn what their software should do, and to automatically compare that to what it actually does do. It compares customers’ expectations to actual results.
It’s an invaluable way to collaborate on complicated problems (and get them right) early in development.
FitNesse is a software testing tool.
From another perspective, FitNesse is a lightweight, open-source framework that makes it easy for software teams to:
- Collaboratively define Acceptance Tests — web pages containing simple tables of inputs and expected outputs.
- Run those tests and see the results
FitNesse is a wiki.
- You can easily create and edit pages.
FitNesse is a web server.
- It requires no configuration or setup.
- Just run it and then direct your browser to the machine where it is running