Gantt chart: A Project Management Tool
Project management is an approach of projecting or planning, organizing, dividing tasks, allocating resources, assigning tasks, and meeting deadlines. In order to achieve this, there are many online and offline tools. Gantt chart is one of the most popular and useful tools used in project management.
Gantt chart is a horizontal bar chart, developed as a production control tool in 1917 by Henry L. Gantt. It is often used as a project management, time management, and resource management tool. In addition, it is frequently used in planning, distribution of task, resource allocation, and tracking overall project completion.
- Project Management and Time Management Tool
- Generate Gantt chart
- Produce Report in HTML, PDF and CSV
- Able to Import and Export Microsoft Project formats
How to Create Gantt chart:
- Create Project
- Add Resource Role
- Add Resources and assign them roles
- Create Task (Create sub task if needed)
- Assign Begin date and End date in Task properties
- Change Color of Task if needed
- Assign Resources to Task and give them Unit
- Update progress of each task on timely manner.
Your Gantt chart is ready!
Typical example of a Gantt chart report in HTML format
Gantt Project Tool can be downloaded from: http://www.ganttproject.biz/
Sample Test Project can be downloaded from: http://www.screencast.com/t/OHttTdxRhIv
Watch Demo of Sample Test Project creation on Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/9RGtJwhm
You might also like: Project Management – Using Agile Methodology