How to Boost ROI by Mastering Mobile Application Testing?
Today, software testing holds an immense value in any software project. Unlike the earlier days, testing has become mandatory before the release of any project. In fact, phase based testing has been widely adopted and can be seen in a majority of the projects.
With the advancement in technology, there has been a tremendous increase in the number of mobile based apps. However, with more downloads of such apps the chances of some or the other failure in functionality has increased. The situation could be worse if the apps are not tested properly. Hence, the need of mobile app testing has evolved with the increasing number of such apps in the market. Performance plays a major role in the highly competitive market of mobile apps, without which a company loses its customer base and credibility.
In the recent few years, excessive use of mobile based apps has made testing look completely different. Today, testing covers most testing scenarios irrespective of the location. In order to cover maximum test scenarios, there are various good practices that are being practiced in the industry.
However, to survive in the competitive market, there needs to be certain distinguishing feature that can help customer attract towards the product. Some of the key areas that need focus include UI/UX performance, security, functionality, robustness, etc.
Tips for Boosting Mobile App Testing Services
- Crowd Sourcing: Crowd sourcing includes multiple users to perform virtual load testing by simulating a scenario. Moreover, it helps in setting a real world scenario with the help of device emulators. This ensures multiple infrastructure setups for devices and geographies.
- Testing Different App Types: App can be classified into native, web, and hybrid. You must try covering the maximum possible scenarios, most preferably based on its usage and nature.
- Continuous Integration: The challenge lies in testing performance while the user shuffles between multiple apps and devices. The integration and scalability can be improved by continuously performing functional and performance testing of your app.
- Monitoring Performance: There are various BI strategies that can be used for performance monitoring and taking out useful information. The collected information can be later used to generate reports/ dashboards to maximize ROI and business.
- DevOps Approach: DevOps approach ensures involvement of development and testing team from the start. It helps in providing multiple perspectives and benefits the entire mobile app testing. Moreover, this enhances performance and minimizes defects, thus meeting the end users expectations.