How to Create Jenkins job for a Ranorex Test suite?
Jenkins is an open source continuous integration tool, which means “Small units of efforts at regular frequency”.
1) Reduces human efforts and triggers test suite on the client machine or remote machine.
2) We can pass the browser parameters, Server URL, Email Id, etc. using Jenkins in the automated project.
3) Jenkins can trigger one test suite depending on another test suite.
4) Jenkins can send notification email on build failure, diverting our attention to the failure very soon.
How to Start Jenkins server on local system?
- Go to Jenkins URL: https://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/
- Download the latest ‘war’ file of Jenkins as shown below.
- Save the ‘war’ file at any desired location on your system.
- Open Command Prompt and go to drive where you have saved the file.
- Enter the command ‘java -jar jenkins.war’ and press ‘Enter’ as shown below.
- You will get the message: ‘INFO: Jenkins is fully up and running’. This confirms that Jenkins has been started successfully on your local system.
- Open a browser on your local system and type URL: http://localhost:8080
- You will see the home page of Jenkins as shown below.
How create Jenkins job for Ranorex project?
- Open a browser and type the URL: : http://localhost:8080
- Click on the ‘New Item’ link on the left side of the Web page.
- Enter the name of the job according to your Ranorex Test suite, e.g. ‘Acceptance Test Suite’ and check the ‘Build a free-style software project’ radio button. Once done, click on the ’OK’ button as shown below.
- This will open up the configuration page of Jenkins job.
- Scroll down at the bottom of the page and select ‘Execute Windows batch command‘ from the ‘Add build Step’ drop down menu as shown below.
- Open your created Ranorex Solution (Please refer this link to know about Ranorex tutorial) http://www.ranorex.com/Documentation/Ranorex-Tutorial.pdf)
- Go to ‘bin/debug’ and copy the path of ‘EXE’ file of your Acceptance test suite as shown below.
- Paste the path of ‘EXE’ in Jenkins ‘Execute Windows batch command’ as shown below.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button.
- Click on the ‘Build Now’ link to run the Acceptance test suite.
- Now Acceptance test suite execution has been started.