How to Ensure High-Quality Open Source Components?
Today’s modern application uses a lot of open source software components. Open source software (OSS) has comparatively more diverse potential as they are built on public collaborative platforms. In fact, most of the proprietary software uses the OSS components.
You can use some of the best industry practices to ensure the open source software is free from vulnerability. Some of the best-known industry standard practices that can be used for security are mentioned below.
- Upgrade your dependency to the latest version at the time of release
- Identify how fast you can fix the code once the vulnerability has been identified
- Conduct a regular security audit
- Report the vulnerabilities and related issues once identified
- Establish a review process related to open source
- Identify a set of policies and procedures for quality control related to OSS components
- Ensure that you are using the same code as published by the open source developer
- Check whether the software used by your organization complies with the information assurance policy standards
- Audit code manually and automate frequent monitoring
- Create an inventory of open source components
- Map the components to the known vulnerabilities
- Apply a strict security policy and update your team
- Integrate security testing into your integration pipeline
Open source performance testing has been much in demand because of its low cost. Open source automation tools for testing are used for load tests, standardization, and development acceleration. Easy availability of automated testing open source tools have almost upstaged their commercial counterparts, and open source testing software that comes with competitive features and without licensing costs provide a proficient way to test the performance of applications in a real environment.
360logica open source performance testing team is proficient to investigate, analyze, and handle the delivery output of all types of software and hardware to ensure that they completely meet the set performance parameters. Nowadays clients switch over to performance testing open source tools as soon as the stable manual testing is reached. We facilitate this transfer and ensure that performance testing open source tools is fully incorporated in their process to give accurate load test results and help diagnose the potential limits. Our experts are adept in using open source automation tools for testing of all types, such as functional, performance, regression, and Web. They use different automated testing open source tools for White Box and Black Box testing. We make sure that applications work reliably under simultaneous user loads by using mature open source testing software.