How to Install and Configure Bamboo CI Server on Windows Machine?
Bamboo continuous integration server caters the need to automate the release management for a software application.
- Java should be installed on the machine.
- Path and JAVA_HOME should be properly set into environment variable.
- Download the latest Bamboo from URL : https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/installing-bamboo-on-windows-289276813.html
- You can either choose the Windows Installer version (.exe) or a ZIP Archive (.zip).
- After completing the installation, you can find the installed files in the destination folder: C:\Program Files\Bamboo.
- The Bamboo home directory is : C:\Users\<current-user>\Bamboo-home
- Start the Bamboo server from the location:<Bamboo installation directory>\bin\start-bamboo.bat
- You can go to your web browser and access your running Bamboo instance by typing http://localhost:8085/ in the address bar.
Once you open the URL: http://localhost:8085/ , you will be redirected on the Setup wizard page.
- License Details and Setup Method: In order to use Bamboo you must have a valid license key (evaluation or commercial). Bamboo evaluation license key can be generated from your MyAtlassian self-service account.
- Click ‘Atlassian’ link to get the license key, as shown below.
- After entering License key into ‘License Key’ field, click ‘Custom Installation’ button. It will redirect you to a page, as shown below.
- If you want to change the URL or any System paths or directory, change from here and click ‘Continue’ button.
- If you want to configure Bamboo with any external database, then select ‘External’ radio button and database name. Else, select the default ‘Embedded’ radio button and click ‘Continue’ button, as shown below.
- You can also choose to import any existing data or create new Bamboo home, as shown below.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- You will be redirected to the ‘Set up administrator user’ page. Enter valid data in each field to create an admin user.
You may also like: How to Configure Gradle on Windows Machine?