How to Perform the File Upload Operation with Protractor?
Many web applications require testing of file upload scenarios, such as uploading a profile picture, resume or any other file with various extensions.
Please refer this Protractor blog to get an idea of how to run a normal protractor test.
The following example will help you understand how to perform these scenarios with Protractor.
In order to perform the test, you need to create a new folder ‘TestUpload’, as shown below.
Steps to Run the Test
- Run selenium server using the command webdriver-manager start from the command line, as shown below.
- Write the following code in the ‘test_spec’ file.
- Write the following code in the ‘test_conf’ file.
- Open command prompt to go to the ‘TestUpload’ folder and run the following command: protractor test_conf.js
- Once you run the test, you can see the uploaded file as shown below.