How to Report an Issue with Mantis Bug Tracking Tool?
Mantis caters the need to track bugs for different software projects. It is free, open source software that can be easily downloaded and installed for bug tracking needs. In addition, you can perform a number of functions, including:
- Send out email notifications to the stakeholders for updates, comments, and resolutions
- You can manage user access
- You can customize the software as per your requirements
- It supports a number of devices, including iPhone, Android, and Windows
- You can add custom functionality to Mantis
Reporting an Issue
- Add the details, like Bug category, Severity, Priority, Reproducibility, Platform Details, Summary, Description, etc. as shown below .
Note: The fields might differ in the different version of Mantis.
- After clicking on ‘Submit Report’, you will see the report on the main window. Click ‘View Issues’ to see the status and the date on which it was created.
- Mantis uses different color codes to highlight the status of an issue. For example, an acknowledged issue is highlighted in orange, as shown below.
- Clicking on the ID will give more details, like last update date, submission date, project reporter, etc.
- Moreover, you can add a file, document, images, and comments to your bug.
- The tool also allows viewing history of the issue.
- Once you submit the issue, the developer will receive an email something like this.