How to Run Appium Test in USB Debugging Mode?
You can run the Android application test using Appium by connecting android device in the debugging mode. So, in order to do that you need to first enable the USB debugging mode and connect it with your PC.
Configure Appium in Windows
First, enable the developer option in android device to access USB debugging mode. You can enable the developer option by going to Settings. Ensure ‘Developer Option’ is visible, else follow the below steps.
- Go to Settings and tap on ‘About Phone’.
- Scroll down to check ‘Build number’ option. Start tapping the ‘Build number’ option. After 3 tap you will see the following screen.
- After tapping 7 times, you will get the following screen.
Connect the Device and Start USB Debugging Mode
Note: Disable the USB debugging mode once you are done with it, else there will always be a security risk as it allows high-level access to your device.
- Connect your device with USB cable and go to Settings->Developer options.
- Check USB debugging option with check box. Click ‘OK’.
- This will enable USB debugging mode.
Verify the Connected Device
- Open command prompt.
- Run command “adb devices”.
- This will show a list of connected devices with your PC. If not displayed, there is some issue with device connection or USB debugging is not enabled.