How to Set-Up a VMWare Virtual Machine for Testing?
Today, virtualization technology is considered an important aspect in the IT industry. With the advancement in technology, the scope of virtualization has exponentially increased. The use of virtualization is no longer limited to hardware and software. Virtualization plays a key role in creating, maintaining, and monitoring huge test environment. However, there are a few points that need to be considered before installing a virtual machine.
- Choose the applications that need to be installed.
- Check the processor details.
- Use a complete version of the VMWare.
Steps to Install and Configure VMWare
- Download the trial or complete version of VMWare.
- Install it by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once installed, open the VMWare workstation.
- Click on ‘Create a New Virtual Machine’ option, as shown below.
- Choose ‘Typical’ configuration and click on the ‘Next’ button, as shown below.
- Provide the OS set up file path, as shown below.
- Enter the serial key of the OS being used. However, you can skip this step, if you are using the trail version.
- Provide the name of the VM and also the directory path where you need to install the VM, as shown below.
- Depending upon the size of the applications you want to install, you need to provide the amount of space for allocation, as shown below.
- The next screen displays the selected configuration, as shown below.
- The hardware will be allocated according to the default setting. However, you can customize the settings as well. You must allocate appropriate RAM and processor for the virtual machine, as shown below.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ button to complete the configuration.