Mobile App Performance Testing Strategy
Performance is one of the key aspects of any mobile application. End users tend to uninstall the application if it is not performing as per the expectation. Therefore it is vital to test any application before releasing it to the end user.
There are mainly three categories to measure the performance of an application on any of the device.
- Device Performance
- Server/API Performance
- Network Performance
For any application, you must check the following parameters:
- Start-up time of the app: The time taken by an app to start should be ideally 1-2 seconds.
- Battery usage: Some apps use more battery than others because of the number of resources required by the app.
- Memory utilization: For Android app memory consumption increases when we implement push notifications.
- Variation of Hardware/Software: App compatibility must be checked on different devices with diff configuration.
- Compatibility with other applications: There should not be any interference by another app when an app is tested.
- Apps running in the background: When retrieving an app from the background, it must be in the same stage as before.
Response time is very critical, especially when the applications are interacting with the server via API.
- Data between server and application: The app must be able to handle data efficiently that is sent from the server.
- API calls generated: The number of calls from the app to the server should be less.
- Downtime of the server: When a server is down, the data must be saved on the backup server.
There are different network conditions, so the performance of applications under different networks must be measured. Following are the parameters that need to be measured.
- Jitters: The mobile app must be capable enough to handle jitters, i.e. the delay in getting the information on the network.
- Packet loss: The app must resend the request to the server in case of complete packet loss.
- Network speed: The app must be checked on various networks with different speed.
With extensive experience and expertise, we can test and optimize performance at any stage. Our testers work in coordination with clients to better understand their requirements for load, volume, and stress testing. In addition, we work meticulously to provide a complete, on-budget, and on-time solution. We follow a defined strategy according to the specifications. This allows us to trace bugs and ensure that the applications perform consistently. In case there are any bottlenecks related to performance, we consider our experience to incorporate any changes.
360logica makes use of open source and commercial tools to execute performance testing. This proves to cost-effective and high standards. We give priority to the client’s requirements and select tools following industry standards based on that. Our performance testing services are also provided through client-server and web applications. This allows us to perform load and stress testing on Windows, Linux, and other platforms.
- We ensure a seamless business process through our load testing and remote SOAK testing infrastructure.
- We provide better marketability of client products through cost, time, and technology.
- We give special importance to end user experience and product endurance through our realistic load testing process.
- 360logical promotes agile product development through its effective testing methodology. This helps in gaining customer’s trust and allows them to save on performance fine-tuning