How to Overcome Automation Challenges with Codeless Automation?
Automation testing plays a key role in expediting the testing process and eliminating the shortcomings in manual testing. However, automating a large test suite is quite a hectic task as it requires a lot of time and effort.
There are many conventional testing tools that depend upon code and scenarios to automate test scenarios, thus making automation a challenging and time-consuming task. However, with the latest testing tools becoming codeless, this is going to change.
Why Codeless Automation?
Testers have slowly started realising on codeless test automation because of many reasons. Some of them are mentioned below.
- There is hardly any or no coding exposure while automating a test scenario.
- Testers can generate test scripts by interacting with user-friendly GUI.
- Test scripts can be reviewed by domain experts and business analysts.
- With no automation, there is increased test coverage.
- Easy to maintain and make changes.
- You can manage a complex test scripts with ease.
Codeless Test Automation: How it Works?
To automate a code, you just need to pick a few boxes and make a flow using a loop and save it. You need not have to write lines of code. For example, you can just record step after step for test automation and play it back when required and run the test case. So, a tester can generate scripts with just functional knowledge. However, there is a lot of coding behind this.
Codeless automation testing tools make it easier for testers by providing them a user-friendly GUI to interact with. In most cases codeless testing tools add a layer of abstraction to hide code from testers interface.
Is Codeless Automation really Codeless?
This could be a controversial topic, if you rely on the fact that most of the automated testing tools claiming to generate codeless scripts depends on basic programs to test a scenario. However, you need not have extensive coding skills to create or modify this test script.
Moreover, you also need not have any language specific training to test case or change recorded test scripts. However, you can just learn a tool to automate a test case. You can go through the user manual provided with the testing tools to learn about the tool.
What Will Happen with the Code?
So, is it possible to get away with the codes during the testing phase? With the advancement of technology and use of the latest codeless tools, testers cannot view, create, or modify the codes that are used to run a test case. With the use of advanced technology, it is even possible to eliminate the complete code and use instructions that can be fed into the system in a codeless package.
Codeless Automation Testing: Benefits
- Codeless is Economical: Conventional testing tools require a lot of investment. They are also costlier than open source tools and need development of testing environments. If you have a technical expert to create, run, and maintain these tests, this cost is definitely going to add up.
- Codeless is user-friendly: Code based automation can be tricky and can make you frustrated. However, codeless automation has an intuitive GUI, which makes test creation faster and easier. Thus, even a manual tester can easily perform automation who may not have the required technical skills.
- Codeless has an integration option with a lot of features: Codeless automation can transform a basic testing platform into an entire test suite by integrating test management and issue management features.
- Codeless facilitates Agile: Any tester, developer, or project manager can collaborate on the testing process irrespective of their abilities. Moreover, detailed report can help the team to be on the same page.