Regression Testing: Challenges and Best Practices
With the advancement in agile development methodology many companies are adopting the agile approach for software development. Regression testing plays a vital role in ensuring the product remains unaffected when a new feature is added with each software update. It easily executes existing tests and eliminates the risks associated with software updates.
Challenges Associated with Regression Testing
Though regression testing is important, there are various challenges associated with it as well.
- Complex: With addition of functionality the product gets more complex, Hence, the amount of regression testing to be done also increases significantly.
- Time Consuming: Since regression testing involves running existing test cases, it takes a lot of time to complete.
- Business Value: Explaining the value of regression testing to non-technical person could be difficult.
Regression Testing Best Practices
There are a number of best practices that must be kept in mind while performing regression testing.
- Update your regression pack: As a new software is completed, there are a number of test cases that needs to be performed collectively known as regression pack. Based on the requirement specification of the older version scripted tests are created.
- Emphasis on most-trafficked paths: The most frequent use cases of the application builds the highly-trafficked paths. This includes the most common features and basic functionality.
- Re-executing successful test cases: Regression pack also includes bug that have been previously identified.
- Automation: Automated regression testing helps in making the process more efficient. So, instead of testing over and over again, it is better to automate the testing process, so that more tedious tests can be handled easily and efficiently.
With extensive experience in offering core software testing services to various industries, 360logica has grown to be a definite choice for economical independent testing of entire ranges of applications. Collaboration with 360logica ensures robust, consistent, and secured life cycle screening of software applications. The personalized methodologies and strategies developed by us show our commitment towards the client specification and the testing requirements of software products.
We guarantee the best quality, reliability, and seamless usability at an affordable price. The in-house experts with ample skills and experience allow us to provide extensive independent software product testing and QA services. This ensures complete verification of all features, including its service capability, market needs, cross browser testing, compatibility testing, performance load, and security concerns of an application. We are competent in formulating customized methodologies and identifying the best tools for testing applications, systems, and websites, which helps the clients in regaining faith in us for their outsourcing initiatives.