Sahi – Web App testing tool
- Web Application Automation Tools.
- Open source.
- Identification without XPaths.
- Implicit waits – even for complex AJAX applications.
- Operating System independent.
- Powerful recorder which works across browsers.
- Powerful Object Spy.
- In-built multithreaded or parallel playback of tests.
- Command line and ant support for integration into build processes.
- Supports external proxy, HTTPS, 401 & NTLM authentications.
- Supports browser popups and modal dialogs.
- Supports AJAX and highly dynamic web applications.
- Works on applications with random auto-generated ids.
- Very lightweight and scalable.
- Supports data-driven testing. Can connect to database, Excel or CSV file.
- Ability to invoke any Java library from scripts.
- Framesets/pages with frames/iframes loading pages from multiple domains is not supported.
Sahi cannot handle pages which have other pages from different domains embedded in them using iframes or frames. So you cannot have a page from google.com having an iframe with a page from yahoo.com. Note that this is not the same as switching between domains, where you navigate from a google.com page to a yahoo.com page, which will work in Sahi.
Please feel free to post any queries or questions related to above.