Test Estimation — 360logica
People simply assume it is impossible to estimate Test activities accurately. Test estimates are especially prone to problems because they often
depend on other (unreliable) estimates. In fact, though, it is possible
to estimate accurately; and huge direct and indirect benefits can
result. This interactive seminar describes key principles of effective
estimating and how to apply them to the unique aspects of testing. And,
rather than just being a static up-front exercise, the course shows
dynamic techniques that effective estimators use throughout the project
to control progress as well as to refine and improve their estimates
and estimating skills. Exercises enhance learning by allowing
participants to practice applying practical techniques to realistic
360logica is in practice to provide estimation using following methods:
* Appropriate uses and limitations of rapid top-down estimates.
* Work breakdown structure bottom-up estimating techniques and issues.
* Test planning and design methods for determining the number and nature of tests to be run.
* Identifying additional testing effort required besides test execution.
* Controlling testing activities and refining estimates throughout the project
When we talk about testing, our customer always asks, which testing which should prefer, using manual or Automation testing. Automation testing
always increase cost in start but in longer term, this is going to
benefit to customer, if software product has long release cycle,
For short release cycle and RAD projects, manual is always recommended, it reduce your unnecessary QA/testing budget.