Things You Must Consider When Testing Billing Functionality
Today, you can find a number of applications with internal billing functionality. However, testing internal billing functionality can prove to be tricky, especially when you miss to include the required test coverage. So, if you are planning to develop an application with such features, you must consider some vital points before going ahead.
Some of the best practices are often adopted by experts. The testing team must also consider implementing such practices and must ensure maximum test coverage. In addition, the app should not be released until all the fixes have been done. This is vital to the business and shows a touch of true professionalism.
Below-mentioned are some of the points that must be considered when testing internal billing functionality of an application.
- Test using previously stored information. For example, an ideal way to test the entire purchasing process is to make use of reserved product IDs, as in Google Play. This avoids the need transfer money and use actual IDs.
- Once done, you must use the actual product ID to test the entire workflow of in-app payment functionality. For this, you must create several test accounts before testing.
- Login to your Developer Console and navigate to Settings->Account Details and add the desired emails. This would add testing accounts to your Developer Console.
- Create a signed APK file instead of using the ‘debug’ certificate. Use your private key for testing the internal app billing functionality.
- Upload and link the signed APK file with one or more internal product. In order to save time and avoid any error message, start testing only when everything is uploaded, as it requires a lot of time.
- Use the actual device to install the APK. Ensure that you are at least on APL level 8 and SDK 2.2 version. In addition, you must also ensure that the Android version Name and version Code are the same on the APK and AndroidMainfiles.xml file.
- Install the app using the same signed certificate that was used for uploading APK.
- Use your test account to log on to the test device. Purchase items and try to test everything.