Top 10 Reasons Why You Can’t Avoid Security Testing
The world has seen so many security breaches this year so far. With so many malware and viruses getting discovered each day, it is even more difficult to ensure complete security of an application. However, you can perform the regular security testing to be safe from any malicious attack.
Different reasons for vulnerability
Today, hackers have multiple ways to get access to our applications and data. According to a report, a website gets attacked 2 to 200 times on an average each day. At times the attack is so intense that it requires more than a firewall. A hacked website or personal information can cause major loss to the business as well. It includes the loss of trust from the customer, reputation, and even legal consequences.
The importance of Security Testing
By performing security testing on a regular basis, you will be able to identify a number of shortcomings in your website. Moreover, you can make use of a number of tools available in the market to do that.
Following are the advantages of performing the regular security testing.
- You can pro-actively detect errors and fix them
- Strengthen the security against potential attacks
- The business related data remains safe
- Execute the codes remotely and identify general issues like XSS, CSRF, etc.
- Overcome the issue of weak encryption and avoid vulnerabilities
- Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) helps in identifying threats in the run-time environment
- Static Application Security Testing (SAST) reveals error while the code is being developed
- Follows standards like ISO, HIPAA, PCI DSS, etc.
- Ensures an uninterrupted business
- Allows you to make an adept risk management strategy
You might also like: The Essentiality of Security Testing