Transform QA Strategy & Efficiency
The goal of doing a test strategy assessment is to get a clear picture of what is going on in testing – the good things, the problems, and possible paths to improvement. Fundamentally, a test assessment is a data gathering process. To make effective decisions we need data about the current test process. If done properly, the assessment will probably cross many organizational and management boundaries.
It is important to note when embarking upon such an assessment that this effort is much larger than the test team alone. Issues will arise over ownership of quality as well as the goals of testing. And possibly, work may actually increase.
A successful assessment process requires:
- Executive sponsorship
- A measurement program
- Tools to support change
- An acceptance of some level of risk
- Avoidance of blaming testing for project-wide failures
- Commitment about the goal of testing
- An understanding of testing or quality assurance across the product team
- Responsibility for quality