Why Website Load Testing Matters ?
Enhanced performance is key to better customer experience and more revenue. There are various factors that impact the performance of website and website applications. Load is one of the prime factors that affect the performance. Some of the challenges associated with websites and web app performance are discussed below.
- The ability of the website to meet the customer demand consistently
- Slow website performance, especially in case of e-commerce websites
- Preventive load testing on a regular basis before incorporating any technical changes
- Changing latency and its impact on the number of page views
Today, website and web app testing really matters. A recent survey shows that most of the website owners are not able to estimate user capacity. It was found that the average page load speed was much higher than that was expected by the users. There are various factors that come into picture while deciding the page responsiveness. You must test the scalability and durability of the application to understand the correlation between the components like content, databases, multimedia, etc. In fact, users’ expectations are increasing day by day. They want more than just responsive design. The user expects exceptional performance irrespective of the geography, browser, and network conditions.
The solution lies in performing load testing by simulating it on multiple browsers and networks to get the most realistic testing and most reliable results. You can use the chrome extension to record user scenarios in real, thus generating a load script automatically. Moreover, you can make use of IDE, JSON, and XML parsing to create custom scripts.
One must go for a solution that ensures the following:
- Response time of users are acceptable and with the Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Measure performance of the end user and server scalability validation
- Establish a baseline to validate the impact of performance with time
- Decide the maximum capacity to understand the components that can break first
- Identify and fix performance bottlenecks by monitoring the server
360logica makes use of open source and commercial tools to execute performance testing. This proves to cost effective and high in standards. We give priority to the client’s requirements and select tools following industry standards based on that. Our performance testing services are also provided through client server and web applications. This allows us to perform load and stress testing on Windows, Linux, and other platforms.
With extensive experience and expertise, we can test and optimize performance at any stage. Our testers work in coordination with clients to better understand their requirements for load, volume, and stress testing. In addition, we work meticulously to provide a complete, on-budget, and on-time solution. We follow a defined strategy according to the specifications. This allows us to trace bugs and ensure that the applications perform consistently. In case there are any bottlenecks related to performance, we consider our experience to incorporate any changes.