What is the significance of big data testing?
In the current scenario, the competition between different brands has become so fierce that every company deploys different mechanisms to acquire a bigger share of customers. As a result, it has become important to deliver personalised services to customers for winning and retaining them.
Here big data can play a pivotal role by analysing the customer behaviour and helping the business to comprehend market trends so that they can customise their products and services in sync with customers’ requirement. However, in order to deliver the right insights, it is indispensable that big data should be flawless. Here comes the role of big data testing.
Big data testing services validate the quality of data and help in diagnosing issues, if any. In order to leverage the benefits of big data, it is essential to pave focus on testing. Here are some of the benefits of big data testing:
- Lower downtime: Numerous applications run on data. Any bad data can hamper the effectiveness of the application. Big data testing can help in improving data quality, which can lower downtime.
- Cost reduction: Tools like Cloud based analytics and Hadoop bring enormous cost benefit when it comes to storing bulk data. Further, it can help in identifying new and efficient ways of doing business. When testing becomes mandatory before any analysis, businesses only get correct data. It aids in improving ROI and winning new clients.
- Trim threat to data quality: Every company wants their data to be consistent and precise. In the absence of any of these traits, there can be a danger to the quality of data. However, due to big data analytics testing, it is feasible to protect data from becoming redundant. It becomes easy to maintain the quality of data.
- Optimise business operations: Big data analytics can be used to provide a customised experience, which can help in expanding the customer base. For instance, most of the online ecommerce portals analyse previous clicks of visitors to their websites to map their overall journey. The entire journey helps them give better user experience, thereby bolstering their customer base. They provide results to visitors on the basis of their interest.
- Launch of new generation products: When companies enjoy the ability to gauge customers’ needs through analytics, it becomes easy for them to give customers what they want. It gives rise to many new inventions. For instance, Google’s self-driving car analyses lots of data to help the car decide when and where to turn, when to slow down or when to change lanes— all those similar decisions which a human being makes behind the wheel.
- Better Market Strategy: Owing to technological advancements, it is feasible to collect a vast amount of data based on the behaviour of users. The collected data can then be analysed to comprehend the divergent needs of customers and devise better marketing strategies. However, it is feasible only if data is correct and well-tested.
- Boost profits: Through data analytics testing, it is feasible to isolate useful data from bad data. Good data can help in improving the overall business and thus, can boost profits.
- Control online reputation: Big data can be used to do sentiment analysis. Through this, a company can get immediate feedback and thus, can take corrective measures, if required.
Big data testing has become an invaluable part of a company’s success. All it takes is having the right data analytics test strategies in place to make the optimum use of big data. The key is to identify useful data, which is feasible only through testing.
Image Credit : Testbytes