White box testing steps
White box testing involves the following steps:
- Create test plans. Identify all white box test scenarios and prioritize them.
- Profile the application block. This step involves studying the code at run time to understand the resource utilization, time spent by various methods and operations, areas in code that are not accessed, and so on.
- Test the internal subroutines. This step ensures that the subroutines or the nonpublic interfaces can handle all types of data appropriately.
- Test loops and conditional statements. This step focuses on testing the loops and conditional statements for accuracy and efficiency for different data inputs.
- Perform security testing. White box security testing helps you understand possible security loopholes by looking at the way the code handles security.